Monday, January 17, 2011

Book Review: Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

Synopsis from Goodreads:
"The tragic story of the complex bond between two migrant laborers in Central California. They are George Milton and Lennie Small, itinerant ranch hands who dream of one day owning a small farm. George acts as a father figure to Lennie, who is a very large, simple-minded man, calming him and helping to reign in his immense physical strength."
Review:

I'll admit I wasn't too excited about this when my English teacher told us we'd be reading it.  I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it though.  I don't really have much to say about it other than the ending was so sad!

I think this is a classic that everyone should read.

We're watching the movie in class, so I'll probably write a review of it later.

This book was read for my English 11 Honors class.  The copy I read was borrowed from my high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment