Saturday, January 8, 2011

Frodo Isn't in The Hobbit! (Plus, Some Blog News and Other Rants)

When I look back on today, it seems both like I got a lot done and didn't get anything done at all.  I know that sounds weird, but it's true.  I did a lot of stuff, but none of it was the stuff I was planning to get done today.  So I don't know whether today would be counted as successful or not.

While cooking egg rolls for my lunch earlier today, I burnt myself on the pan.  I now have a decently sized red mark on my left pinky.  It doesn't really hurt unless it touches something even remotely warm or it rubs against something.  I hope that goes away soon.  It's pretty annoying.

Two things kind of distracted me today from getting anything done.

First, I'm sure at least most of you heard about the shooting in Arizona.  It's absolutely horrible.  If you haven't heard, the shooter even has a Youtube page.  I was curious, so I checked it out.  He has videos about mind control and stuff.  The guy is definitely crazy.

I really don't like how people are going off an all of the parties and everything though.  I think the map on Palin's site was horrible, but I've seen some people blaming everything on the Tea Party or the Republican Party which I don't think is right.  It's not any party's fault.  The guy's obviously psycho.  I don't want this to become controversial though, so I won't say anything else.

The second thing, some of you may have heard of Kenneth Tong.  He's more popular of in Britain I think.  He was on Big Brother UK.  Anyway, he has a twitter, and his marketing a new product.  It's called Size 0 and it's a kind of "dieting" drug or something.  It's supposed to be "managed anorexia."  The whole thing is disgusting.  He's saying that if you're above a size 0 you're ugly which the most idiotic thing in the world.  Here's one of his tweets: "A pop star chose to tell the world everyone is beautiful because of my Tweets, to be beautiful in your own way is to be ugly in every other."  The pop star he's refering to is Rihana.  He tried to get her to support him, and she refused.  She's been posting stuff on her twitter against it.  She's not the only celebrity to do so either.

All day people have been posting stuff.  That tweet I posted isn't even close to the worst.  He's saying so many stupid, horrible things.  I don't even get how people can be so horrible.  I also looked up some videos on Youtube of when he was on Big Brother.  He is not a good person.  He also says that the perfect guy is rich.  I can't believe this.  I think it's only a matter of time before his drug is made illegal.  He says it's safe, but there is absolutely no safe way to starve yourself.

EDIT: He has since said on his Twitter that this was all a hoax.  He was apparently doing an "experiment."  Either way I think it's still absolutely horrible.

So yeah, part of the reason I got next to nothing done today was because I was spending all of my time on Twitter watching those two things unfold.

In movie news, Elijah Wood has been confirmed as part of the cast in The Hobbit.  It's probably a good thing that no one was around when I found that out.  I am not happy.  How are they possibly planning to put Frodo in The Hobbit!?  Ugh, he's not supposed to be there!  I can't believe they're doing this.  This, along with the rumors that Orlando Bloom is also coming back, just makes me dread this movie.  I mean, Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood are both awesome actors, but they need to stick to the book!

(Elijah Wood is also apparently going to be in a new Treasure Island mini-series.  Why am I mentioning this?  Just so I can say that I absolutely hated that book.  We read it in 7th grade.  The whole book seemed like complete gibberish to me.  I didn't understand anything that was going on.  Not even in the movie.)

Sticking to movies but moving on to The Hunger Games, why does everyone seem to think it needs to be rated R?  The director said in an interview that they were aiming for a PG-13 rating, and I think that sounds good.  Yes, tons of people die, but I think they can do that and still make a PG-13 film.  I think it would be better that way.  It's based on a YA novel, more young adults would see it if it was PG-13.

You may have noticed to new things over on the sidebar.  I'm now a member of Book Blogs (which is just a group for people who blog about books) and a host for Virtual Book Tours.  The second one is more interesting I think.  In the future, you'll be seeing guest posts by and interviews with authors.  Most of the authors will be YA authors, but you'll probably see some from other genres as well.  They'll be promoting their books.  I think it will be exciting!

I am also going to change things a bit with book reviews.  In the past, I've reviewed books inside of another blog post or in a Youtube video.  Now, all of the books I review will be reviewed on this blog, and the review will be a blog post all on it's own.  I'll have a summary of the book and then my review.  I will probably also include a link where you can buy the book on Amazon in case anyone's interested.  I may have free books sent to me in the future for the exact purpose of reviewing them (nothing is certain yet though).  I'll mention in the review whether I bought the book or was given it by the publisher.  Either way, the review will be my honest opinion.

If you watch my Youtube channel, you know that I'm now including why today is awesome in all of my videos because of the Five Awesome Girls.  I'll also be doing this here.  Today is awesome because I'm now a host of Virtual Book Tours!

Days Until:
The Twilight Saga: The Complete Illustrated Guide released: 94
LeakyCon 2011: 186
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie: 188
My 18th Birthday: 208
Breaking Dawn Part 1 Movie: 314
Breaking Dawn Part 2 Movie: 678

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment