Monday, June 13, 2011

Beauty and the Beast

This post is about my favorite Disney movie of all time:  Beauty and the Beast.  I can't remember a point in time where I didn't love this movie, although I don't think it was always my number one favorite.  I think the Beast scared me a bit as a child at the beginning of the movie, but I loved the story.

I joke around now that this movie forshadowed my future love of werewolves (I think they're awesome).  The Beast isn't really a werewolf, but he's kind of werewolfish.  Maybe he's the reason I like werewolves.  Who knows.  Besides his werewolf-like characteristics, the Beast is probably one of the favorite male leads in a Disney movie.  He's not like the typical Disney prince, and I love that.  I think (although I may be wrong) that he's the only Disney prince that we ever see a bad side too.  As far as I can think of, all of the others are only portrayed in a postive light.

Belle is also my favorite Disney princess.  This is, of course, helped by her love for reading.  Other than that though, I love that she's so independent.  She doesn't marry Gaston even though every other girl in town would love to.  She sees that he's an arrogant jerk and turns him down.  She also stands up for herself against the Beast.  To me she's the bravest and most independent of all of the Disney princesses.

I also love the message of the movie.  I love romance stories, and this is my favorite of all of Disney's.  In most of the Disney princess movies, I feel like the romance is unrealistic, but I don't feel that way about Belle and the Beast.  They actually had time to get to know each other and develop romantic feelings for each other.

Plus, all of the other characters are amazing.  I love all of them.  I even find Gaston amusing (if highly irritating).

What's your favorite Disney movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment