Saturday, June 18, 2011

Traveling

Most people have something that they wish they could do, but in reality they're probably never going to get the chance.  I have several things on my lists that I'll try my hardest to do, but it still may never happen.  One of the things I want to do the most is travel as much as possible.

After college, I plan on applying to teach English in a foreign country.  I'm hoping it will be in Japan or South Korea, but I'm open to going to another country.  It would be amazing to live and work in a place so different from the place I grew up.  It would be an amazing experience that I'm sure I would never forget.

I've never been out of the United States, but I've wanted to for as long as I can remember.  All of our vacations have been confined to our part of the U.S.  I think the farthest I've been is either Orlando or D.C.  (After looking at Google maps, it seems that Orlando is farther.)  My family tends to visit the same place multiple times.  (I can't really complain.  I have asked to go to Orlando two years in a row, but it's LeakyCon.  You have no idea how much I want to be there.)  When I have the ability to travel without my family I plan on traveling to lots of new places.  (I've already talked to my sister about going to NYC with me next year, but I doubt my parents will allow it.  After talking to my grandma, we may go with her in two years though.  Better later never going at all.)

Some of the places I want to travel in the future are Washington D.C. (I went once, but didn't have time to see everything I wanted to.), Los Angeles, New York City, Britain, Japan, South Korea, Italy (particularly Rome and the Vatican), Haiti (I know it's not a great vacation destination, but my church has a sister parish there.  I'd love to visit.).  This isn't all of course.  I'd travel pretty much anywhere if I was given the opportunity.  I hope I get the chance to see many, many places in the future.

What's something you hope to do in the future?  What are your favorite vacation places?  Where do you hope to visit in the future?

No comments:

Post a Comment