Monday, March 4, 2013

From Colds to Sinus Infections

I am sick for what is at least the third time in the past few months.  It's kind of ridiculous.  The past two times were colds, but this time, after talking to my mom and learning about the symptoms, I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection.  I'd go to the nurse to find out for sure, but apparently she assumes everybody that goes in there is pregnant or has an STD and tries to convince them to go get tested.  (I'm not even kidding about that.  I've heard from multiple people who've had that experience.  One girl went in for a cold, and the nurse started poking her stomach and going on about how she thought she was pregnant.)  I think I'll just stick with taking Sudafed and hoping it gets better.  I go home for spring break this Friday anyway.

Today has gone pretty well for it being Monday and me being sick.  It was a bit tough to get up this morning, but once I got over that and the medicine I took kicked in, it started looking a lot better.  Two of my classes have tests Wednesday, so we finished up learning some stuff and reviewed some stuff as well.  English was basically just us peer editing and commenting on our genre pieces that we're writing for our multimedia project.  Science was spent learning about fungi, which I'll admit isn't the most thrilling topic in the world.  I think I zoned out more in there today than I have all year, although I place more blame on the medicine for that than the topic.

I still need to get down to the Ecolab this week, but since we just got put under a winter weather advisory until Wednesday and it started raining, that's going to have to wet.  I still have my fingers crossed that the weather will be good Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment