Friday, March 29, 2013

Book Review: Wedge's Gamble by Michael A. Stackpole

ISBN: 0553568027
Published: June 1996
Publisher: Spectra
Read from March 14th to 28th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:

Sleek, swift, and deadly, they are the X-wing fighters. And as the battle against the Empire rages across the vastness of space, the pilots risk both their lives and their machines for the cause of the Rebel Alliance. Now they must embark on a dangerous espionage mission, braving betrayal and death on the Imperial homeworld to smash the power of a ruthless foe!
It is the evil heart of a battered and reeling Empire: Coruscant, the giant city-world from whose massive towers the Imperial High Command directs the war. The Rebels will invade this mighty citadel in a daring move to bring the Empire to its knees. But first Wedge Antilles and his X-wing pilots must infiltrate
Coruscant to gain vital intelligence information. Capture means death, or worse--enslavement by the vicious leader known as "Iceheart," Ysanne Isard, now Emperor in all but name. And one of Rogue Squadron's own is already her slave, a traitor hidden behind a mask of innocence, working to betray both colleagues and the Rebellion itself.

Review:

This is the second book in the X-Wing series.  I read the first last month and filmed a video review, but it's privated because it was a really horrible video.  I'll just say that I really enjoyed the first book, and it made me look forward to reading this one.

I enjoyed this one even more than the first.  I liked the characters in the first book, but I became really attached to them in this one.  And the ending has me wanting to go grab the next one right now and start reading.

As with the first book, I find it difficult to review this one since it is a Star Wars book, and not everyone is a Star Wars fan.  I still haven't really worked out how best to review them because of that (and it's why the video for the first one turned out so badly).  I'll just say that I really enjoyed, and I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.  I think being on Coruscant was really interesting because I find it to be a very interesting planet.  And as I said before, I'm starting to become really attached to several of the characters after this book.  Hopefully I'll get around to the third one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment