Friday, March 15, 2013

Tattoos

Being in the One Direction fandom has kind of made me think more about tattoos than ever before.  It's kind of hard not to when it seems one of them is getting a new one every week or so.  I used to absolutely hate tattoos, but (way before One Direction) my attitude began to change.  I still don't ever plan on getting a tattoo.  I'm way too scared of needles, and I'm beyond terrified that I'd regret it later (since I tend to second guess myself on everything).  But, if I were to get a tattoo, I've already thought of several ideas for them.

I started warming up to tattoos when people online were talking about their Harry Potter tattoos.  I know quite a few people have Deathly Hallows symbols tattoos, and that was the first time I ever really thought, "That's actually something I could see myself getting tattooed on me."  Harry Potter is such a huge part of my life, and if there was something I would want tattooed permanently on my body, I could do a lot worse than something from Harry Potter.  There are things other than the Deathly Hallows symbol of course, but I really think that would be the first thing I'd go to if I were getting a tattoo, no matter how cliche it is.  I just really love Harry Potter (and the Deathly Hallows symbol).

The other somewhat obvious idea is a cross.  I don't think I need to explain that one.  But a cross is simple enough, and everyone knows what it means when they see it.

I also think it would be cool to have a nerdfighter tattoo, although I have no idea what it would even be.  That community has meant so much to me over the years.  Nerdfighters truly are amazing people.

So, while it's extremely doubtful that I'll ever get a tattoo, I'll probably keep coming up with ideas for hypothetical tattoos.  For some reason it's just something that's really interesting to think about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment