Thursday, March 7, 2013

Movie Review: Dr. Seuss' The Lorax

Universal Pictures
Directed by Chris Renaud
Written by Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio
Rated PG
Released in theaters: March 2, 2012
Released on DVD: August 7, 2012
Synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:
The 3D-CGI feature Dr. Seuss' The Lorax is an adaptation of Dr. Seuss' classic tale of a forest creature who shares the enduring power of hope. The animated adventure follows the journey of a boy as he searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world. -- (C) Universal
Review:

I've been wanting to see The Lorax since it came out.  We read the book and watched the short cartoon version in my economics class senior year (to talk about the economics of supply and demand I think it was), and it just happened to be a little bit before the movie was released.  The trailers for the movie all looked great as well, so I've been waiting to see this movie for a long time.

I thought it was great.  It was a really cute movie, and I enjoyed it.  It has a very obvious moral message, which I know some people don't like.  I usually don't like that sort of thing either, but I thought it was well done in this case.  I really liked how the expanded on the book.  All of the things from the book are there, but they take it even farther.

Oh, and I have to mention how cute the animals were.  They were adorable!  And I loved the relationship between the Lorax and the Once-ler.  Overall, it was just a cute enjoyable movie that also happened to have a good message to it.

1 comment: