Thursday, December 26, 2013

Life Post: Recuperating from Christmas

I hope everyone who celebrates had an amazing Christmas. Also, I hope everyone who celebrates Kwanzaa is having a good one so far. I'm always jealous of the countries that have Boxing Day because I feel like it would be nice to have after Christmas instead of everyone going directly back to work. Of course, I'm a student, so I'm still on break. Still, my parents and even my sister both had to work today, which I couldn't have done. I was absolutely exhausted yesterday, and I needed to sleep today.

I hadn't written in several days because of all the holiday stuff going on, so it felt nice to get back to it today. I finished the first draft of the story I've been working on since October! I'm really excited about it, and now I've set it aside for a while before I go back to edit. In the meantime I plan to work on a new fanfiction that I've been thinking about for a while. I think I'm going to start some brainstorming tonight. I can't decide if I want to outline this one or just wing it as I write. I have a vague idea of the story and where I want it to go, but I'm still thinking of ways to flesh it out more.

I'd probably get started writing the fanfiction tomorrow, but my dad wants to go see the new Hobbit movie. That movie is so long that I'm not going to set any expectations on myself to get around to writing. It may happen though. We'll see. I'm really excited about this story, so it's possible that I'll find time to write no matter what else happens tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment