Thursday, December 12, 2013

Movie Review: Catching Fire

It's been more than two weeks since I saw Catching Fire, and at this point I feel like absolutely everyone has already raved about it. Still, I feel like I need to review it because I'm not lying when I say that it's the best book to movie adaptation I've ever seen. It's typical for me to have those thoughts immediately after seeing a movie, but those feelings have stuck with me for two weeks. And I'm not alone. I've seen countless other people say similar things. Catching Fire is just an absolutely incredible movie. It's amazing on its own just as a movie, and then it's just as amazing as the adaptation of a book.

There is honestly not one thing that I'm upset about being cut. I think they kept everything important in. The only time I noticed something missing is when Prim went to get morphling for Gale, and I had a brief thought of, "I wish Madge was here." Since they cut Madge out of the first movie though, they couldn't really bring her back for the second one, so I don't count that as a fault of Catching Fire.

I don't want to get into specifics because it's been two weeks, and I know I'll leave things out. If you're one of the few people who haven't seen Catching Fire yet though, you should go. It's amazing. A couple of the people I saw it with hadn't seen the first movie or had only seen parts of the first one, and they still enjoyed the second one. It's just an amazing movie. (Watching the first one is still recommended, of course.) I'm absolutely in love with it.

Catching Fire was actually my least favorite book of the Hunger Games trilogy, but I definitely prefered the movie over the first one. I'm really excited to see what they do with Mockingjay. Hopefully it's just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment