Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Book Review: Ouran High School Host Club, Volume 9 by Bisco Hatori

ISBN: 1421514044
Published: July 3rd, 2007 (first published September 5th, 2006)
Publisher: VIZ Media
Read December 4th and 5th, 2013
Goodreads
Synopsis (from back of the book because Goodreads is wrong):
In this screwball romantic comedy, Haruhi, a poor girl at a rich kids' school, is forced to repay an $80,000 debt by working for the school's swankiest, all-make club--as a boy! There she discovers just how wealthy the six members are and how different the rich are from everybody else...
In middle school, Tamaki Suoh must entice the coldhearted twins, Hikaru and Kaoru Hitachiin, to join his newly created Host Club. But in order to get them to accept his proposal, he must first best them at their own game.

Review:

I loved this volume. I said in my review for volume eight that I enjoyed it, but it also felt somewhat noneventful. This volume wasn't like that at all. I've said before how in love I am with Ouran. It's one of my favorite things in the world. This volume is a good example of why. I loved it. The last couple of volumes were extremely enjoyable, but this one was even better.

The first episode in this volume was really adorable to me. Tamaki was just so determined to get the twins into the club, and it's really heart-warming to me. See the other members a bit was nice too. I just think it's cute how Tamaki brought them all together like that. Hunny at the very end actually made me tear up a bit. It was cute.

The story about the princess wasn't quite as great to me. I thought it was sweet that Tamaki wanted to make her happy and how he figured out what was really going on and helped her. It was a cute episode, but it wasn't my favorite in the volume.

Episode 40 was what really got me in this volume. I won't get into it because I don't want to have anything too spoilery in this review, but I'm loving that there's finally some progress with the characters' feelings for each other. Like I said, I won't go into detail, but I'm really excited for volume ten and on after that episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment