Thursday, December 26, 2013

I'm a Youtube Tag

There's this tag on Youtube called the I'm a Youtube Tag. I haven't seen a done of people doing it, but one person I'm subscribed to did a couple of weeks ago. Even though the questions are all about Youtube, I decided to answer the questions here instead of on my Youtube channel just because. So, here are the questions about my Youtube videos:

Do you wear pants when you film?
Yes, I tend to wear pants at all times.

What kind of videos do you film?
I don't even know what to call my videos. I do vlogs fairly often that are just whatever I'm doing that day. I also review a lot of books and TV shows. (Basically, it's exactly what my blog posts are only in video form.)

Will you be doing this in 5 years time?
I hope so. I don't see myself stopping making videos any time soon. I really enjoy it, and it's helped me gain confidence as well. If you go back and watch my first videos, I'm really quiet and unsure of myself, and you can tell a huge difference to my videos now. I think some of that has transferred over to real life too, and I'm really thankful for that.

Do you have any upcoming collabs? 
No. I was talking to someone about doing a collab a while back, but it never actually happened. I also used to be in a collab channel a few years ago that I really miss. It would be awesome to do another collab, but I'm not sure what it would be or who I'd do it with.

What inspired you to make a YouTube channel? 
I got into Youtube back in late 2006 with music video type things made for TV shows and such that I really liked. I started watching vloggers in 2007, and I thought it looked awesome. I almost started making videos several times, but I always chickened out. I even uploaded videos at least twice and deleted them a couple of days later because I was so terrified. It took until four years ago at the beginning of 2010. I think the only reason that I didn't give up then was because I'd told my family about it, and I could just give up when they knew. That made me determined to actually keep it up, and sure enough I became much more confident about it and it became a lot of fun.

Do you edit your own videos?
Yep. I don't know of many Youtubers that don't really. You have to have a full-time job with Youtube to really warrant someone else editing them, and even then editing them is your job. I don't even like the idea of someone else editing my videos. I want to see exactly what's going online before it does.

Current subscriber count and goal by 2014? 
As of right now, I have 78, which is far more than I ever expected to have. I'm honestly amazed that 78 people have decided my videos are good enough that they should subscribe. I don't have a goal for 2014. I never really pay attention to subscriber count anyway. I never know it unless I have to look it up for questions such as these.

Why YouTube?
I'm assuming this is asking why Youtube in comparison to other video websites. For me it just made since. The videos I found were all on Youtube, and I never even considered using another video hosting website. Youtube was just the obvious choice.

Do you film at night or in the day?
The day. By the time it's night, I want to be done with everything I need to do for the day. I do sometimes film once it's dark, especially lately, but that's only because it's winter and gets dark so early.

Where do you get your ideas from?
A lot of places. I've been reviewing books and TV shows for a while, and I don't think that's really an original idea. I love watching booktubers, although I wasn't aware of the community much until I started reviewing books. Other times I just want to talk about something, so I'll make a video. There's no one place where I get ideas.

Tips for a new YouTuber?
Make videos because you have fun and not expecting to get Internet famous or get a lot of attention. Very few people get Internet famous, and unfortunately, you probably won't. That doesn't mean you can't get subscribers who will enjoy your videos or that you can't make some awesome friends. You'll most likely be doing this in your free time though as a hobby as opposed to a full-time job. You should be having fun with it.

What do you call your subscribers? 
I think I refer to them as "guys" more than anything else. I really don't have a specific word.

Talk about something that is seen in a lot of your videos.
Books I suppose. I'm not really sure. Or my dorm room.

What have you gained from your YouTube experience? 
As I said before, it's made me a lot more confident about myself, and it's a great outlet to take about the things that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment