Saturday, January 17, 2015

Life Post: First Week of the New Semester

The first week of the spring semester is officially over, and I have a pretty great feeling about this semester. The biggest downside at the moment is my uncooperative keyboard. Remember how I spilled soda on my computer? Some of the keys aren't working so great now, and it's making it really difficult to type anything. Because of that, this post is probably going to be really brief. Honestly, I'm just happy the computer still works, even if I have to pound on some keys and fix way more typos than I would otherwise. I keep hoping they'll just start working again, but I know the keys themselves need to be removed in order to be cleaned underneath. I also know that I could technically do that myself, but I don't trust myself with it. I'd probably just ruin the keys for good, so I just keep reminding myself that at least they still work instead.

Anyway, as I was saying, I've been to all of my classes for this semester except one that will start next week. A time's not really set for it yet since we're having a bit of trouble finding a time that works for all of us. (It's an arranged class instead of a set one.) So that is a little worry about that in the back of my mind, but I'm confident we'll figure it out.

As for the classes I have been to, I think I'm really going to enjoy all of them. I do feel a bit out of place in my music class as it's the only music class I've taken outside of humanities, but now that I know I'm not the only one in that boat in the class, I feel better about it. I do think the class itself will be really fun since I love learning about other cultures (it's a course on non-western music) and, of course, I do enjoy music. Apparently we're going to play instruments from other cultures too, which should be interesting. I'm probably selling myself short since I have taken piano lessons and played clarinet in band. I do have a very basic knowledge of reading music and whatnot. I just know that my knowledge pales in comparison the the music majors' in the class. I think getting to play different instruments will be fun though.

I'm going to go ahead and wrap this up. I have several other things I would probably bring up usually, but the longer I type with these keys, the more frustrating they get. Since I'm starting my first long paper of the semester today, I should probably save up some of my patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment