Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Why Is Brave Underrated?

Today I want to talk to you about Brave. Brave as in the Disney/Pixar movie Brave. There have been way too many times that I've mentioned the movie and the people I'm talking to don't even know what movie I'm talking about. If they do, then more often than not they go onto say something about not liking the movie that much.

And the thing is: I just don't understand why.

Is Brave my number one favorite Disney movie? No. Is it my favorite Pixar movie? No.

That much is true, but it's still one of my favorites. It's up there, which is why I don't get why so many other people don't love it. I checked Rotten Tomatoes while writing this post, and it is certified fresh. Obviously someone is watching it and enjoying it. So why haven't more people seen it? That bothers me so much.

To be fair, all I needed to hear from the trailers was, "I'm Merida, and I'll be shooting for my own hand." Before I'd even seen the movie, I was already pretty certain that I would love it. That doesn't change the fact that the movie is fantastic. Plus, Merida is an official Disney princess, and so few people (at least that I've talked to) even seem to realize that she exists.

I wish I could change that somehow. It feels like people are missing out by not having seen the movie. Like I said, it's one of my favorites, yet it (and Princess and the Frog, another one of my favorites that too few people seem to even realize exists, but I've heard fewer people who have seen it dismiss it like I hear about Brave) seems to be far too underrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment