Friday, November 25, 2016

Life Post: Thanksgiving and Betta Fish

I've been home for nearly a week now for Thanksgiving break. Since I had finished student teaching, I actually came home before my university's break had begun. While I'm still sad about leaving my student teaching placement, it's been nice not having that much to do (though I still have my big project that goes along with student teaching).

Thanksgiving has been nice. It's pretty much gone how it typically does. On Thanksgiving day, we had a meal that was just me, my parents, and my siblings. Then today we had Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family. On Sunday we'll have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family.

In other news, I now have a betta fish. Getting one has been something I've been talking about for a while, and today I actually got one. It's a male and primarily blue. I've named it Colchis (which is related a bit to a story I'm writing), and he's currently swimming around across the room from me. (He seems quite happy to have more room. He's far more active than he was in the little container from the store.) Getting him back to school with me will be a bit of a challenge, especially when I'm not even going back for that long, but I'll manage it. I think I've already figured out how I'm going to do it.

Tomorrow I'm seeing Moana, and I'm quite excited about it. I'm sure I'll do a review of it after I see it, so that will be coming. I'm only hearing good things about it so far, and I am definitely prepared to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment