Friday, November 18, 2016

Life Post: Student Teaching is Over

Today was my last day of student teaching, and I felt like I needed a post of some sort to document it. I'm not going to go into detail about how I felt/feel because I'm still quite emotional about it. I think it's better that I wait a bit before talking about it at length like I typically would in these posts. At some point, I will talk more about student teaching as a whole and how I felt throughout it.

Right now I'm just really sad. I'm also relieved that the work is (mostly) finished. (I still have a project to complete.) However, I cannot believe that I will probably never see those students again. That's so hard to believe. Not seeing my cooperating teacher every day will be strange for a little while too. All of it just feels so strange now that it's over.

My cooperating teacher wrote me a note that she gave me at the end of the day along with notes from all but one of our classes (she couldn't secretly get the other class to sign the card because I was never out of the room long enough). I read them all and cried when I got home. Some of the kids just signed their names, but some of the other kids wrote messages that really managed to get to me. Some of the messages have that kid's personality written all over it, and it killed me.

And now I'm going to stop talking about it because I'm starting to cry as I type. The point is, my student teaching ended today, and I'm very upset about it. I think I'm going to have a mourning period. Who knows how long it will be. Now I'm going to go do something to try and cheer myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment