Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 351-355

I haven't written (as opposed to filming) a Naruto review since July when I reviewed episodes 236-340. What's actually more shocking to me than that is that I've only watched fifteen episodes in the past two (almost three) months. It's just one of the things that's fallen to the wayside as I student teach, but here I am with another review.

When it comes to the particular storyline that Shippuden seems to have been running with for a while now, I'm unsure if I like it or just feel neutral towards it. I know that sounds strange, but I think it how I feel has a lot to do with which episode I happened to watch last. I like some of them and others have just been okay.

I think it's cool that we're learning more about Kinoe/Yamato's past in the show, and I like learning some aspects of Kakashi's past along with it. At the same time, the specific stories of some of the episodes haven't thrilled me that much. (Like the smoke people who were okay I guess, but I couldn't get into those couple of episodes.)

One thing I really want is a deep exploration into being one of Orochimaru's test subjects because I think that could be incredibly interesting, and I don't think any of the episodes have yet to go as deep into it as I would like. However, I'm also not holding out hope that they will.

What I am hoping to see is what happens that makes Kinoe/Yamato leave the Foundation. Although I am aware of some spoilers about it, I'm interested in seeing it all play out and to "really" know what happens there. That, I think, it what's been driving my interest over the course of the last ten episodes or so. (I have no idea how long it's been since this storyline started.) We'll see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment