Sunday, November 6, 2016

Book Blogger Insider Tag

Today I'm doing the Book Blogger Insider tag, a tag that's focused on discussing our blogging habits. It was created by Jamie at A Little Slice of Jamie, and I found it through Louise at geniereads.

Where do you typically write your blog posts?

At my desk. That's the most convenient place to type. I can't even imagine writing my blog posts in a place other than my room because it's far too distracting. I need peace and quiet when I'm writing anything, so that's a prerequisite for any place I'm going to write my blog posts.

How long does it take you to write a book review?

I haven't timed it out, and I'm bad at keeping track of how long individual tasks take me when I'm working on different things. I'd estimate that it takes half an hour to an hour for a rough draft depending on how I felt and how detailed of a review it becomes. Then I'll set it aside and come back to edit it later before I post it. (How long I let it sit depends a lot on how busy I am and other factors.) Editing it typically takes less time than writing the first draft.

When did you start your blog?

September of 2009, so just over seven years ago.

What is the worst thing about having a book blog in your opinion?

For me, it would be keeping up with the technical aspects. I wish I was better at graphic design so that I could design a really great layout for myself instead of buying one. I feel like being better at the technical aspects of blogging would make things much easier.

What is the best thing about having a book blog in your opinion?

I have an outlet to talk about books. Not only on my own blog but through commenting on the blogs of others. Plus, I love writing, so I love having a place that I can write in any capacity.

What blog posts have you had the most fun writing so far?

I'm not sure. There are a number of them that I found very fun, but some of what have turned out to be my favorite posts were the most stressful to write, not necessarily the most fun.

When do you typically write?

It depends. There's no set time when I'm more likely to be writing. It could be any time when I'm at home. Now that I'm student teaching, it's not going to be during school hours, but other than that, there's always a possibility I'm writing something, whether it's for the blog or something else.

Do you review every book you read?

Almost all with some exceptions. Most books I don't review are classics. Actually, they're not just classics (I've reviewed some classics) but the incredibly old classics. Those books are still fair game for literary analysis, but a review just doesn't seem to mean much for some of the oldest works of literature. (That being said, there are probably newer classics I decided not to review because it just didn't seem necessary.) Other than that, I review every book I read with very few exceptions.

How do you write your book review? With a cup of coffee or tea? With Netflix? Cuddle with your fur baby?

I do actually blog sometimes while Netflix is on, but it's not that often. I get too distracted and can't focus on both of them. I may drink some soda while I'm blogging, and if it's early in the morning, it may be coffee. Most of the time though, I'm blogging in silence and probably have water beside me. Exciting, I know. (Oh, and I wish I had a pet at school with me that I could cuddle.)

When do you write your reviews? Right after finishing the book? Two weeks after finishing the book?

It used to be right after I finished an incredibly long time ago. Now it's typically a few days after finishing. On rare occasions where I'm super busy, it may become a week or even two after finishing, but that's not often. I like giving myself a bit of time to reflect on the book but not enough time that I'll forget important details.

How often do you post?

This is something else that depends. Recently, with student teaching, it hasn't been often. I've never had a set schedule even when I manage to update on a regular basis. For whatever reason, I like the randomness of not having a set schedule that's always the same. In truth though, I do schedule out posts. It's just not in a set pattern that's easily predictable; it's different each month and depends a lot on how busy I am.

That's all of the questions. If you'd like to do this tag, consider yourself tagged. I'd love to know your answers to these questions in the comments too if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment