Wednesday, March 2, 2022

How I Met Your Father 1x07 "Rivka Rebel"

In this episode, Sophie meets with a gallery owner who she admires, but instead of being asked to be in her gallery, the woman wants her to take pictures at her daughter's bat mitzvah. The daughter ends up being an influencer who is difficult to work with. It was kind of painful seeing the daughter portrayed as a caricature essentially.

I liked Valentina finally opening up to Sophie about her job not being all that great. They both seem to come into contact with an impressive amount of celebrities though.

There were so many celebrities name dropped in this episode that it felt excessive.

Meanwhile, Charlie is settling into his job as a bartender, and he loves it. Until he gets a 1-star review on Yelp, and then he becomes very concerned about fixing it. In the end, it turns out to have been Ellen, and they have a cute scene together where he makes it up to her by writing a positive Yelp review. They're probably my favorite relationship on the show so far. I love their friendship!

Sid opens up to Jesse about feeling stressed about wedding planning because he wants to have two weddings, including one in India, but he doesn't know how to tell Hannah. He eventually does, and things go well. Still, I have a feeling that Hannah and Sid are going to break up. I think it's just all the struggles they seem to have gone through in just seven episodes and the distance between them.

Overall, I liked this episode. Charlie and Ellen's storyline was my favorite. While I found Charlie annoying at first, the traits I found annoying aren't as prominent anymore, and he's really grown on me as a character. I hope that continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment