Monday, October 3, 2011

Favorite Disney Animal Sidekicks

Time for another Disney post!  This one is about some of my favorite Disney animal sidekicks.  As usual, these aren't really in any order, and there are probably some awesome ones that I'm completely forgetting.

1. Rafiki from The Lion King.  Rafiki probably wouldn't be on here if I hadn't recently seen The Lion King 3D in theaters.  I'd forgotten how awesome and hilarious he is.  I'd be incredibly annoyed with him if I was Simba when he first meets Rafiki (besides as a baby), but I love him as a character.

2. Zazu from The Lion King.  I love him even more than Rafiki.  He has some great bits in the movie.  Something I'd completely forgotten about the movie until I saw it a week or two ago was the bit where Zazu begins singing It's A Small World, and Scar says something about him singing anything other than that horrible song.  I love how Disney is making fun of their own song there.  This has next to nothing to do with Zazu, but I just wanted to share that tidbit.

(Also, it's weird classifying Rafiki and Zazu as "animal sidekicks" when everyone in The Lion King is an animal, but the do fit both animal and, basically, sidekick.  The same goes for a couple of others on this list.)

3. Abu from Aladdin.  I just think he's so cute and adorable!

4. Sebastian from The Little Mermaid.  He sings Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl.  That alone makes him awesome.

5. Flounder from The Little Mermaid.  I don't have an exact reason for him to be on this list, but I'm still putting him here.

6. Mushu from Mulan.  I think he's hilarious.

7. Dory from Finding Nemo.  This is a Pixar film, which I don't usually include, but I'm making an exception for Dory.  "Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming.  What do we do?  We swim, swim, swim, swim, swim."  Yeah...  Plus, she can speak whale.

8. Crush from Finding Nemo.  We'll include Squirt (who's adorable!) in here too.  They're both awesome.

9. Benzai, Shenzai, and Ed from The Lion King.  They may be evil, but the hyenas are hilarious, especially Ed.

10. Percy from Pocahontas.  He's so cute.

11. Meeko from Pocahontas.  He's also really cute.

I think this is one of my longer Disney lists.  There are just too many awesome animal sidekicks in Disney movies.  I know there are a lot more than I even put on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment