Wednesday, February 25, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge - Thoughts Two Months In

I'm not sure if I ever mentioned my Goodreads reading challenge goal for 2015 here on the blog or not, but it's 70 books this year. Last year it was 60, and I stayed ahead basically the entire year. This year, I haven't even been on track since about the first week.

I have just had such little time for reading that it's unreal. It's been years since I've had this many problems reading. That's probably not surprising to anyone who follows me anywhere on the Internet. I've hardly been anywhere for the entirety of 2015 so far. I hardly even tweet, and I'm used to have a good tweet session at least once a day. Even my Tumblr can get neglected for days at a time. I haven't posted a video in more than a week.

It's crazy, but I've focused on that plenty in the recent weeks. All the free time (not devoted to school or writing) has been about what websites I'm neglecting, and that's only pushing reading even further on the back burner. Like right now. I'm writing this instead of reading.

I did read three chapters of my current book earlier today, but that was the first time I'd picked it up in three days. That's crazy for me, but what's even crazier is that's starting to become my new normal. And I don't want it to be my new normal.

Sure, I still read plenty more than a lot of other people, but I'm worried it's going to keep tapering off, which I don't want to happen. I'm going to try to work really hard from now on to get more reading time in. We'll see if I'm successful or not. I'd really like to catch up on my reading challenge sometime soon. Hopefully at least over spring break. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment