Friday, July 24, 2015

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 256-260

Every single time I post a Naruto review, it starts off "Wow! It's been so long!" I don't know why I still feel the need to do it. It's been two months since I posted one here though, which isn't really long for me I'd say. My review for the last five episodes was over on Youtube if you're interested in it.

Of these five episodes, four of them are essentially nothing but flashbacks to past episodes. Only episode 256 isn't. It's actually been a while since I watched episode 256, so even looking at my notes, I can't come up with clear memories of what happened. Apparently, I got really excited about ShikaTema at some point during it. I made sure to include that in my notes, and now I'm amazed that I've apparently forgotten what that even was. I'm a pathetic excuse for a shipper right now apparently.

From what I do remember, I found the end of that episode to be really awesome and dramatic. Now that I've seen the following four episodes, that's been pretty muted. It's hard to keep up excitement like that when you suddenly are deluded with flashback episodes, although that's something Naruto loves doing.

The thing is, I actually don't have anything against flashback episodes. When a series is as long as Naruto is, it's helpful to bring show stuff again and remind the audience about certain important scenes. Flashback episodes obviously accomplish that, and I think that's okay some of the time. Plus, I'd rather filler composed of flashbacks to good episodes over stupid pointless fillers anytime.

That doesn't change that fact that tons of filler, even in flashback form, can be just a bit boring after a while. Still much better than most filler though. And, like I said, my excitement level isn't quite where it was after episode 256. I don't know how long this particular stretch of filler episodes is going to last, but I'm just going to keep trying to remind myself that this can't possibly be as bad as the span of filler episodes while they were on the boat. (Please, I am begging you, do not let it be that bad.)

As for what actually happens in the filler episodes, I don't feel like there's much of a point to comment on it since it's all older stuff. It was nice to see it though. I'm someone who can get a bit emotional during flashbacks, and that's especially true with the Naruto and Sasuke stuff. That will at least help me make it through this span of filler until I get to something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment