Saturday, February 14, 2015

Reign Review: Season 2 Episode 14: "The End of Mourning"

I quite liked this episode. I think that can come down to two main things: 1. Catherine is definitely herself again, and it's wonderful. 2. Greer is back! And I loved her in this episode.

The one thing that definitely annoyed me with this episode is the love triangle steadily getting worse. I can't stand this whole thing going on between Conde and Mary. Obviously there's the fact that Mary is married, but I'm pretty sure that even if she wasn't I would get whatever it is going on between them. It just doesn't really make sense to me, and I see it as only being there to create drama with Francis and Mary, which I don't like.

I don't have any hope about it just going away though. It's definitely going to build up to something big, and I'm not at all excited about it. I would be perfectly fine with every scene with Mary and Conde just being cut because I can't stand watching them. If they want drama with Mary and Francis then they can surely come up with more creative ways than just doing one love triangle per season (because we've definitely already done this with Bash).

Conde's brother is infuriating to me, and I think it's making me hate Conde more. Or maybe I just hate Conde because of the love triangle. Maybe I just hate Conde. I don't know. I don't like either of them. Honestly, I didn't like Conde much from the second he appeared, but he did grow on me just a little bit at one point. That went away when the love triangle started becoming more and more of a thing, but I don't imagine I ever would have liked him much anyway.

The only positive thing I can think of with Conde is that the few moments he was shown with Lola was cute, but I'm still not so sure I want them together. I think a friendship between them would be nice, but I don't know about anything beyond that. Mainly I just want Lola to be happy. And have it not be with Francis. They might be going that way. I don't even want to think about it.

Catherine threw a family meeting, and she let Bash come. She also basically defended Bash to Antoine. Did anyone else notice that? Because I got kind of excited.

Catherine was just fantastic this entire episode. I love it that she's back after her hallucinations. I'm looking forward to some awesome stuff with her in the future, just like I always am.

I'm not at all surprised that Narcisse is up to something. Have I ever mentioned how much he reminds me of Lucius Malfoy? Because he really does. The fact that Narcisse is close to Narcissa isn't helping the Malfoy connections in my mind. The way Narcisse goes about getting power is just so similar to me. The big difference, of course, is that Narcisse pictures himself at the top whereas Lucius was always subservient to Voldemort. Back to the episode though, I actually think this drama is my favorite drama in the show currently. I like the idea of doing more political sorts of scandals rather than repeatedly going after all of the relationships.

I think the only other thing that I really want to talk about is Greer. We didn't get to see her last episode, and I was incredibly excited when we saw her again. She got some nice comedy out of her having to drink stout for her meals (which sounds so terrible), and I loved her lines about how she's learning so much. I was really worried when she got declared a traitor, but now I'm starting to think that this may actually become a really great storyline. I really hope it does at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment