Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Life Post: Writing and Reading During Break

I woke up far too early today for a day during my last week of break. I don't have a specific reason other than that I wanted to get things done today, which I'm achieving mostly.

For Christmas, I promised my sister I'd write her a story, but since I didn't know what she wanted me to write for her until a few days before Christmas, it wasn't done before Christmas. It's still not done. While she told me some stuff she wants in it, she didn't give me an actual plot, so I decided to wing it. But the truth is I still have no idea what the plot is even as I keep adding things hoping it will shape into a decent plot. I even have an antagonist, but I don't know where they story's going. So I'm still trying to work on that.

I'm also in the middle of drafting a new fanfiction. I think it's more than halfway done. Starting it may not have been an amazing idea when I already have three fanfictions written that need to be edited and posted. I'm glad I'm getting this one out though. One of the characters in this one is very important to me, and it's the first time I've written a fanfiction directly about him. I'm pretty happy with how it's shaping up so far.

I honestly think I'll spend most of the rest of my break working on both of those and also reading two books I just started and am absolutely loving. I mentioned several times over the course of last year that I felt it wasn't the greatest year for me as far as fiction reading goes. Luckily, I'm starting off the new year with two amazing books, and I hope that's a good sign for the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment