Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Book Review: Chasing Mona Lisa by Tricia Goyer and Mike Yorkey

ISBN: 0800720466
Published: January 1st, 2012
Publisher: Flaming H. Revell Company
Read from January 17th to 25th, 2016
Synopsis from Goodreads:
It is August 1944 and Paris is on the cusp of liberation. As the soldiers of the Third Reich flee the Allied advance, they ravage the country, stealing countless pieces of art. Reichsmarschall Hermann Göring will stop at nothing to claim the most valuable one of all, the Mona Lisa, as a post-war bargaining chip to get him to South America. Can Swiss OSS agents Gabi Mueller and Eric Hofstadler rescue DaVinci's masterpiece before it falls into German hands?
With nonstop action, Chasing Mona Lisa is sure to get readers' adrenaline pumping as they join the chase to save the most famous painting in the world. From war-ravaged Paris to a posh country chateau, the race is on--and the runners are playing for keeps. 

Review:

I don't have much to say about this book other than the fact that I found it extremely boring. The synopsis claims nonstop action, but I don't feel like that's actually what the book contains. Despite knowing that stuff happens, nothing felt high stakes. I don't know why it failed to considering the book centers around a war and events that should, reasonably, be high stakes. It just didn't feel that way while I was ready.

This isn't a bad book by any means. The writing was fine on its own, and I think the plot had potential. It's hard for me to pinpoint the exact reason the book didn't work well for me. There was just something about it when it was all put together that led to the book not holding my interest well. Other people could very well enjoy it, but the book wasn't for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment