Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthday Celebrations

My whole morning is pretty much a blur because I was half asleep the whole time.  I really should start going to bed earlier with school starting in less than a week, but I know it's not going to happen.  One thing I can tell you about this morning is that the end of church was just a little depressing.  I'm not going to lie.  I can barely remember any of mass today because I completely zoned out every couple of minutes, but I do remember the end of mass. Our priest announced this weekend that he's getting transfered to a different parish.  There were some tears, and I'm surprised I didn't bawl my eyes out.  (I'm usually way more emotional when I'm tired.)  Anyway, we don't have a new priest yet, and we may not even get one.  It's possible we'll just have a guest priest every single weekend instead.  I'm not sure how I feel about that, but that's enough about church.

My family and I went out to dinner tonight to celebrate my birthday.  We ate at the local Mexican restaurant because I absolutely love Mexican.  Once we got home, we had cake which just so happened to be in my favorite colors: purple and orange.  I also opened my presents, and I'm really happy with what I got.  My parents gave me Sims 3 which I've wanted forever!  It's currently downloading on my computer as I type this.  I've actually never played it.  I've only played an older version that my best friend has.  I also got the Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince ultimate edition DVDs to add to my ever growing Harry Potter DVD collections.  Lastly, my parents gave me a wireless printer.  I've been wanting one forever since it's a pain to have to use our slow ancient computer every time I need to print.  They finally bought one because they say I'll need it at college next year.

I guess I'm officially done celebrating my birthday since the cake and presents are finished.  I have to say, my birthday was pretty awesome this year.  Here's to hoping my first year as an "adult" is just as great.

No comments:

Post a Comment