Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Twilight Shipping

I posted a video about Harry Potter shipping about a week ago and a blog post about Hunger Games shipping four days ago.

When it comes to Twilight, I only have one really strong shipping preference:  Leah and Embry.  (Yeah, random couple.  I know.)  Still, I'm way more likely to read fanfiction where one or both of them is with someone else than I am couples in other other fandoms.  I'm not really sure how I started shipping Leah and Embry.  I used to ship Jacob and Leah, and I think I found a Leah and Embry fanfiction that was written by an author would also written a Jacob and Leah fanfic.  I'm not entirely sure why, but I really liked them together.  They've also become my two favorite characters.

Other than that I really only ship canon characters, and I'm using the word ship losely there.  I don't really seek out fanfiction about that many couples.  Most of the fanfiction I read has one, some, or all of the members of Jacob's pack as the main character(s).  Other than Leah/Embry, I'd probably just consider myself a big fan of Jacob/Nessie and Quil/Claire.  I like Jared/Kim, Paul/Rachel, Sam/Emily, and Alice/Jasper as well, but I really only read fanfiction about them if I happen to stumble upon it.  I am reading a pretty awesome Paul/Rachel fanfic at the moment.

If you're a Twilight fan, what are your favorite couples?

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've read any Twilight fanfiction, but I think I like Bella/Carlisle and Bella/Jasper the most.
    I have never really liked canon ships, and I'm surprised because this is the only fandom where I don't like slash pairings. It's probably because all the characters are too manly... I mean, seriously :P
    I must say that Embry/Leah is a very weird couple indeed.
    Actually, it has been an incredibly long time since I've read the series. Maybe I should read it next...

    ReplyDelete