Saturday, August 27, 2011

Hunger Games Shipping

Three days ago I posted a video about Harry Potter ships.  In it I mentioned that I was probably going to post shipping related videos and blog posts about other fandoms.  This is one of those posts.

Is it any surprise that I'm going to talk about Peeta and Katniss first?  I love them so much!  They're not really the couple that would usually be considered adorable (no couple with Katniss would be really), yet I still think of that word when I think of them together.  I guess Peeta makes up for Katniss in the adorable department.  When I read The Hunger Games for the first time, I wasn't sure what to expect.  After reading the scene where Peeta confesses his feelings in front of the whole country, I was kind of shocked.  At that point I still wasn't sure if I wanted them together or not.  That quickly changed while reading about them in the games.

I adore Peeta so much.  Honestly, I would have gotten fed up with Katniss after their first games and probably would have written her off.  (I guess he came close to that, but it didn't really work.)  I love reading about how much Peeta loves Katniss.  (And, Katniss loves Peeta even if it takes her forever to realize it.)

One of the things that kept me on the edge of my seat through the whole series was their relationship.  Personally, I think Katniss fell in love with Peeta a long long time before she actually realized it.  I just wish we could read more about them as a (real) couple.

I thought Gale was a pretty decent character at first, but as I read Mockingjay, I started liking him less and less.  Still, I couldn't help but ship him with someone.  In between Catching Fire and Mockingjay I started thinking about what would happen if Madge and Gale ended up together.  (I wasn't the only one of course.)  It wasn't something I was very invested in (like Neville/Luna), but I'd thought about it.  That all went down the drain in the third book.  Then I read the scene in Mockingjay when Gale goes to visit Katniss in the hospital.  You remember how Johanna is there?  Do I even need to tell you what I ship now?  For me, the Gale/Johanna ship is at just about the same level as Gale/Madge was (or still is) for me.  I don't usually read fanfiction for either couple unless I just happen to stumble upon it, but I enjoy both couples.

Of course I have to mention Finnick and Annie.  I love them so much!  I don't read much fanfiction about them either, but I love when they make appearances in other fanfiction I read.  While reading Catching Fire I was really curious about them, so I loved reading about them in Mockingjay.  I wish we knew more about what happened to Annie after Mockingjay.

Those are my "top" four ships in the Hunger Games fandom.  Like I said in the Harry Potter video, I'll probably go back to each fandom at some point in time and do each couple more in depth.  What are your favorite Hunger Games couples?

No comments:

Post a Comment