Saturday, August 27, 2011

Who's Irene?

I love Saturday.  It is by far the best day of the week.  My feelings for it kind of wan in the summer, but as soon as school starts again, I remember how much I love that particular day of the week.

Today was the Drive One 4 Ur School event that I worked at.  One of the local car dealership let people test drive cars for free, and our school got money each time someone test drove.  There was a decent sized group of kids there from school, way more than was needed.  Most of our time was spent just sitting there talking.  A lot of the teachers were there, including our principal, vice principal, and guidance counselor.  It's kind of weird seeing them outside of school.

I was so excited about finally getting to wear my awesome new shirt today.  (I can't wear it to school because it's kind of spoilery for the last Hunger Games book, and Haley and Jordan are still reading them.)  Then, I get there, and they hand me a Drive One 4 Ur School.  I didn't really have to take it, but everyone else was wearing them.  (Plus, I wasn't turning down a free shirt.)  I'm determined to wear that Hunger Games shirt tomorrow.  I don't care that it breaks my rule of not wearing t-shirts to church.  (I'm never dressed up at church anyway, so it's not like it's a big leap or anything.

Ji and I were only supposed to work an hour and a half, but we ended up staying for two and a half hours.  It really wasn't that bad since we were just talking to everyone.  We even played hangman for a while.  Ji and I took some pictures for the yearbook.  (Ji took a lot more than I did.)  We also informed Ji about the hurricane when she asked who Irene was after hearing the name.  I then informed Ji of every single bit of Hurricane Irene news that I say through twitter for the rest of the morning.  We even got some awesome free popcorn.

When I got home, I discovered that my Hoosier Girls State DVD had come in the mail!  That actually reminds me that I need to go make my family watch it with me.  I'm looking forward to all of the memories (and making my family see how awesome it was).

I  have a slight favor to ask you guys today.  As you know, I'll be going off to college next fall, so it shouldn't be surprising that I'm trying to get as much scholarship money as I can.  There's this site called Fastweb that helps you find scholarships.  It's pretty awesome.  Right now, if you refer someone to the site, you're entered into a drawing to win $500 of scholarship money.  If you're also looking for scholarships, please use this link to register.  It'll help you find scholarships, and you can help me out at the same time.  I'd be extremely greatful.

That basically summarizes the more exciting parts of my day.  The rest of it was mainly spent watching Naruto, How I Met Your Mother, vlogbrothers, and The Hillywood Show.  (Isn't that just full of variety?)  I'm going to go convince my parents to watch that HGS DVD with me.  (It's only August, and I'm already reliving the summer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment