Saturday, May 19, 2012

Favorite Fictional Couples

Yesterday I posted the last video in the Avatar Shipping "series" that I've been doing for months now.  At the end of the last video, I mentioned the fact that I may or may not be doing something similar with Harry Potter and/or Hunger Games.  I still haven't decided whether I will be or not, but I decided to do a post on fictional couples that I ship that aren't from Harry Potter, Hunger Games, or Avatar.  I'm sure there will be some I miss, but here are a few of my favorites:

Ross/Rachel from Friends.  I was watching Friends since I can even remember.  It basically became a part of my childhood.  And it's incredibly possible that Ross and Rachel was one of the first couples that I very passionately wanted together other than Ron/Hermione.

Monica/Chandler from Friends.  I wasn't as obsessed with their relationship as Ross and Rachel's, but I still love them together.

Haruhi/Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club manga by Bisco Hatori, anime, and live drama.  This probably isn't a couple I would have immediately thought of if I hadn't just watched an episode of the live drama this morning.  I don't even know what it is about them as a couple that I like.  Normally I don't think they'd be a couple I'd support, but for some reason I totally support them together.  Haruhi/Hikaru grew on me a bit more in the live drama than it did in the anime or manga too, but even in the live drama, I ship Haruhi/Tamaki more.

Belle/Beast from Beauty and the Beast.  How can I leave the couple from the favorite Disney movie of all time out?  I've always loved Belle because she's so unlike the other Disney princesses, and her relationship with the Beast isn't like the relationships in most other princess movies.

Mulan/Li Shang from Mulan.  Another of my favorite Disney movies, and this one is on the list because, like Belle and the Beast, it's different from a lot of other Disney relationships.

Hazel/Augustus from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.  If you've read this book, then I don't think I should have to explain.  If you haven't, then you should go read it immediately.

Remy/Dexter from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen.  Remy and Dexter may be my favorite couple in any Sarah Dessen novel.  I large reason for this is because I absolutely adore Dexter.  He is an amazing character.

Annabel/Owen from Just Listen by Sarah Dessen.  I think a large reason for them being on this list is because they're from the first novel by Sarah Dessen that I ever read.  I love them together though, and the whole novel is great.

Macy/Wes from The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen.  Another one of my favorite Sarah Dessen couples.

(I could go on and list almost every couple from all of Sarah Dessen's novels (except What Happens to Goodbye, which I have yet to read), but I'll just stop there.)

Laura/Almanzo from the Little House on the Prairie series of books by Laura Ingalls Wilder and the TV show.  I was iffy about adding them since they're a real life couple too, but I decided to go for it since the TV show especially is definitely a fictionalized version of their relationship.

Mimi/Roger from Rent.  For some reason they were always my favorite couple from Rent.  Probably because Mimi is my favorite character.

Kit/Nat from The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare.  We read this book in eighth grade, and I fell in love with it.  Being a book set in the 1600s and in a Puritan community, Kit and Nat don't have much of what we'd consider a relationship today (which disappointed some kids in my class), but I loved them together.

I could probably go on forever, but I think I'll end it here.  There are so many great couples in literature, movies, and television, and these are definitely only a few of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment