Thursday, May 31, 2012

How I Met Your Mother Season 3 Review

This is going to be a review for the entire season three of How I Met Your Mother.  Since that's quite a few episodes, I'm not sure how in-depth this will be.  Overall, I did enjoy the season.

I made a few notes on each episode from the fourth of this season on (I hadn't decided to review the season before the fourth episode of season three).  I'm going to comment on some things through-out the season, but it's kind of hard to remember earlier episodes even though I made notes, so I'm not sure how this will turn out.

First of all I want to talk about guest stars.  I was excited to see the woman who plays Janice in Friends (I have no idea what her name is) in the seventh episode of the season.  I'd never seen her in anything other than Friends, so it was weird to hear her talking in a normal voice...  I was also excited when James Van Der Beek guest starred, since I'm a Dawson's Creek fan.  (I also enjoyed the return of the Robin Sparkles story-line.)

I was definitely not expecting Brittany Spears to be in any episodes.  I think the only reason that worked at all was because her character was strange and anytime her acting was off you could kind of attribute it to that.  Still, I definitely wasn't excited anytime she showed up.

Oh!  And I almost forgot.  The actor that plays Mr. Moseby in the Suite Life of Zack and Cody was in the same episode as the actor who plays Janice.  I used to know his name, but I've forgotten it.  I used to be a huge Suite Life fan...

I thought it was weird that Robin and Ted began feeling awkward around each other in episode nine when they'd seemed fine in earlier episodes.  It kind of came out of nowhere.

This season seemed to have a lot of things that I knew were going to happen in the show before I got to them, such as Stella's appearance, the yellow umbrella, and the stuff between Barney and Robin.  I'm glad to finally reach that stuff since I knew they were coming a long time ago, especially the Barney and Robin stuff.

I really enjoyed this season, and I'm excited to start watching season four!

No comments:

Post a Comment