Friday, May 18, 2012

Legend of Korra Episode 6: And the Winner Is... Review

I'm finally getting around to reviewing episode six the day before episode seven airs.

I loved the little shout-out to the cabbage man through the Cabbage Corp. ad on the radio.  I think a lot of people were waiting for some reference to the cabbage man to be made, and there finally was one!  It'll be interesting to see if Cabbage Corp. is mentioned anymore in the show.

I loved Korra, Mako, and Bolin just charging into city hall and into the meeting room.  You'd think there'd be other people there too, especially other pro-benders who are worried about the tournament.

The Tenzin/Lin back story is really interesting.  I've seen some people who seem to ship Tenzin/Lin somewhat now, but I have to say I'm quite happy with Tenzin/Pema.  Don't get me wrong, I love the interaction between Tenzin and Lin.  They can be quite hilarious, but I think they're better off as friends anyway.  Can you imagine Lin with small children, especially if they were like Meelo?  And Tenzin kind of has to have kids to create more airbenders.  I definitely think he is/was better off with Pema.  However, this new back story is really interesting, and I wonder if it will have any effect on the story later.

One quote I loved from the episode was Lin saying, "I'll try to be less abrasive than usual."

I much preferred the Fire Ferrets entrance with cute little Pabu than the Wolf Bats one.  The Wolf Bats were just creepy.  Which I guess is better than cute when it's a competition, but it wouldn't make me want to cheer for them.

The whole end of the episode was just amazing, but I don't know what to even talk about.  The pro-bending match was done amazingly.  I love that the Fire Ferrets didn't win, not just because it means they kept their bending, but also because it wasn't a cliche thing where the main characters win because they're the main characters.

The Equalists and Amon all revealing themselves was great, and I loved how all of the fights were done.  Lin and Korra working together was amazing, and I really hope we see their relationship develop in the coming episodes.

Another quote that I just have to mention:  "I'm currently wetting my pants."  It was a great comedic moment in between all of the fighting.

And there were more flashbacks in this episode!  I wonder how long we're going to have to wait until there's an explanation about them.  Until then, I'll keep freaking out and over analyzing each flashback we get.

I had a somewhat random thought during the episode that probably means nothing, but it's made me curious.  Amon and the Equalists seem to make a big deal about technology and use it a lot.  I wonder if the way Amon takes away bending uses technology instead of it being the way Aang does it.  It would be a great way to add technology into the show, which they've been doing really well so far.  I have no idea if that's how Amon's doing it, but I thought it was an interesting idea.

I can't wait for the next episode tomorrow morning!  I've avoided watching the clip that was released, but I know that Mako and Bolin move in with Asami, which should be interesting.  I also think we see more of Tahno, who I'm not really a fan of, but maybe he'll grow on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment