Tuesday, May 1, 2012

LoK Episode 4 The Voice in the Night Review

It's been a while since I wrote a post on my phone. Let's see how this goes...

Tarrlock is annoying. I really hope he isn't in too many episodes because that might drive me a little insane. Also, sending a ton of expensive presents to a 16-year-old could be seen as creepy...

I felt so bad for Korra when she was basically pressured into joining the task force because they made her feel guilty. She definitely does need to work on airbending, and she shouldn't have joined the task force. It really frustrates me that everyone in the city seems to overlook how young she is, but I suppose there are many similar instances in the "real world."

I'm not sure how I feel about Asami yet. For some reason I have very negative feelings towards her, yet I don't see anything wrong with her. I think most of it has to do with the fact I'm already kind of shipping Makkora (even though I keep telling myself it's too early), and I only dislike her because of her relationship with Mako. Asami and Mako's relationship just further complicates the whole romance part of the show though. This episodes had hints that Bolin likes Korra; we know Korra likes Mako; and now Mako and Asami are in a relationship. I have a feeling this is going to get complicated... (Especially when you factor in that Mako and Bolin are brothers.) I'm not sure I like where all that's going.

I'm glad that the Fire Ferrets are going to be able to compete in the championship (even though I knew they'd be able to). Also, random little comment: I keep comparing Mr. Sato to Henry Ford even though there's no reason for it other than a really shallow one. It's just that when Asami told Mako she was taking him to meet her dad, I kind of mentally went, "He's meeting that universe's Henry Ford." I have a feeling that shows how big of a history nerd I am.

I don't even know where to begin talking about the end of the episode. I'm incredibly sure that all three of the people shown in those quick flashes were Sokka, Toph, and Aang (Sokka's the only one I have a bit of doubt about and even that doubt is basically nonexistent), and I'm so happy about that brief scene that it's ridiculous. I just don't understand what it means! Did Amon show it to her? Did Korra see it on her own and it was related to vein the Avatar? I don't know, and it's driving me insane! I have a feeling this question will be bothering me for a ling time...

Next week's episode can't come quickly enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment