Sunday, February 3, 2013

Climbing Over People in Church

I think I'm pretty much over being sick, and I couldn't be more thankful for that.  I don't have to continuously take cold medicine anymore, so that's definitely a positive.

It's been snowing most of the day (and yesterday), so we've got a decent amount of snow outside right now. Luckily I think it's staying just below freezing though, so we could be worse off temperature wise.  And my college does a really good job of keeping the sidewalks clear, so getting across campus isn't much trouble at all.

I ended up over sleeping this morning because I turned my alarm off and fell back asleep.  Thankfully I did manage to get up before church.  It would have been pretty bad if I slept through church since there's no evening mass today thanks to the Super Bowl.  (Speaking of the Super Bowl, if I had a TV I'd totally be watching the Puppy Bowl today.)  At church, I ended up having to climb over people to get back to my seat after communion, so that was probably somewhat amusing for the people behind us.  We were at the end of the lines for communion, so I had to switch and go to the other priest.  That meant I had to walk around to get back to the other side.  I was kind of in the middle of the row, and my friends and the people on the opposite end of the row had already knelt down.  They way our college's chapel is set up, there's not much room in between the kneelers and the chairs, so I was basically quite literally climbing over my friends.  Let's be glad I didn't fall on my face.

I haven't been too productive as far as homework goes today.  I managed to read and get a quiz done for politics, and I printed off my English paper, although I'm still kind of iffy on it.  I also made some progress on the pretend class newsletter I have to make for my technology in education class.  I still have some room left, and I've run out of ideas for things to say about my fake class.  Hopefully I can come up with some ideas.  I have a little more than a week to finish that up and make too pretend flyers as well.  I'm using OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Publisher or Word like the others in the class, and I'm having a bit of a hard time formatting everything.  Hopefully it'll look decent when I'm finished.

I still need to do some reading for psychology and philosophy (plus I need to start my writing assignment for psychology), but I've had an episode of Little House paused for a while, so I think I'm going to finish that up first.  Hopefully I'll get everything that I wanted to do today done!

(Can we just take a moment to appreciate what I named this post.  I need to take a class on how to come up with titles...)

No comments:

Post a Comment