Sunday, February 17, 2013

Book Review: Witch Hunt by K.C. Blake

ISBN: 1475107277
Published: April 19th, 2012
Publisher: self-published
Read from January 29th to February 5th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:

A magical game of Hide n Seek begins.
Find the missing player and win.
The game resets; everyone forgets and starts to play it again.
Starr Hughes hasn’t believed in magic since her mother died. As a reporter for the school paper, she believes in hard facts. Hiding under the headmaster’s desk, planting bugs, and breaking into a fellow student’s home are all on her to-do list. So when she hears the mysterious group known as the It-Squad are about to start playing a secretive game, she wants to know more. She’s especially interested in the group’s gorgeous leader, Dylan Winchester.
With her boy-crazy best friend at her side, Starr is going to discover that not only are witches real, they need her help. Someone is using the game to steal their memories, their powers, and perhaps their lives.
Review:

I should note that this is the second book in The Witch-Game series, but it's not at all necessary to have read the first book in order to enjoy this one.  This book has new main characters and an entirely different plot.

I absolutely loved this book.  It kept my mind going the entire time because I kept thinking that I may have things figured out only to discover something new that changed things.  Even when I did have something right, I'd end up doubting that I was right only to find out later that I had been right.  Other times I couldn't even figure it out.  It's definitely a book that keep you thinking.  I wish I could talk about that in more detail, but then this post would just turn into me gushing about the book forever with a bunch of spoilers.

As much as I loved the first book in the series, I think I loved this one even more.  The concept of the game is somewhat confusing at first, but everything makes sense at the end.  In fact, the entire plot basically depends on the characters and readers being confused, and at times I was worried things would still be confusing at the end.  I shouldn't have worried though because everything was very clear by the end of the book.

I would greatly recommend this book to just about anyone.  I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment