Thursday, February 4, 2010

Learning a New Language is Hard!

The past few days I have had so much homework! It feels like all my teachers got together and decided they were all going to give a bunch of homework on the same days. Today, I had about half of what I had the two days before, but it still took me longer than usual. Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

We took a test in world history today. I think I did pretty well.

I have to finish my drawing in art tomorrow because it's the last day of the grading period, so if it's not done then I get a zero. I think I'll be able to finish it though.

In child development, the teacher was preparing us to take home the baby simulators. She put one of them on demonstration mode, and each one of us had to do something with it. I had to rock it/her. It made me feel a little better about the assignment. I'm not looking forward to having to rush in the shower or being woken up in the middle of the night. I'm going to be incredibly cranky the next day, and I really hope I'm able to get my homework done. Thank God it's only for one night.

We took a quiz in Spanish. I think I did good on it which is really good considering how I've done on the two tests we've taken so far (an F and a D). Spanish II is so hard! If English is the hardest language to learn, I feel so sorry for anyone who learns it because Spanish is incredibly hard to learn (for me at least).

We read a part of I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou in English, so today we had a long discussion about different types of prejudices. That was about all we did besides go over vocab, and discuss our homework about the story.

I'm going to read a chapter of A Not-So-Silent Night by Verlyn D. Verbugge tonight, so I'll talk about that in my next blog.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment