Thursday, February 11, 2010

I Love Two-Hour Delays

We've had two-hour delays the past two days! It's been amazing being able to sleep in a little longer than normal. Sadly, we have to go to school at the normal time tomorrow. At least tomorrow's Friday!

Not much has happened the past two days. My best friend Summer and her brother came over each morning and went to school with us because of the two-hour delays.

On Wednesday, we watched a video about the book The Jungle that was written in the early 1900's. Today we just did worksheets.

In art the past two days, we've just been working on our drawings. We're drawing the four basic forms. I'm finished drawing each of them with pencil, and tomorrow I'll start drawing them with ink. By ink, I don't mean pens. We have to use these old fashioned calligraphy pens (I'm not sure what they're actually called). I hope they're not hard to use. The ink won't come out if you get it on anything, so I really hope I don't get it on me. I already have spots on my jacket from when I got paint on it the first half of the year.

We've been learning about birth defects the past two days in child development. We've also been working on a scrapbook page that we have to make of ourselves when we were babies.

Spanish II is probably the hardest class I've ever taken! We just started learning about the predicate form of verbs! We only went over it for the first time about two days ago, and the test is tomorrow! That's a whole lot of stuff to memorize! I was studying like crazy earlier, and I think I understand it pretty well. I just hope I don't completely forget everything before the test tomorrow. I really need to get a good grade on this test after how bad I did on my first two tests in the class.

We took a vocab test in English yesterday, and I did pretty well. We've also started learning about the different types of pronouns. We learned about indefinite pronouns today. We've also been getting ready to start reading another story.

That's been basically all I've done the past two days. I'm going to read another chapter of A Not-So-Silent Night by Verlyn D Verbugge tonight, so I'll talk about it in my next post.

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment