Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hunger Games and Phantom of the Opera Talk

In the Youtube video I posted yesterday, I started a new Hunger Games-themed 30 day challenge.  Today's thing asks who your least favorite character is.  My least favorite Hunger Games character is Coin.  I hate her even more than Snow.  While Snow is horrible, everyone knows he is (except the Capitol).  Snow even agrees not to lie to Katniss in Catching Fire.  For some reason, that makes me like him (very, very slightly) more than Coin who tries to hurt or kill Katniss multiple times but still pretends to be on her side.  Maybe I'm the only person who feels this way, but that just makes her even more despicable of a person to me.

If you watch my Youtube videos, I mentioned Jennifer Lawrence being cast as Katniss a few days ago.  I said I was going to say more about it after I saw an interview with her or something.  I still haven't seen any video of her, but I've read a few more things about her.  I have to say, she's really starting to grow on me.  As I said before, I'm trying not to judge until we see her as Katniss, but I wasn't incredibly thrilled about her being cast.  Suzanne Collins and the director (I can never remember his name) seem to think she's perfect for the part though, and that's giving me hope that she'll be good.  If the person who created Katniss thinks Jennifer Lawrence is a great Katniss than Jennifer Lawrence is probably a great Katniss (I hope).

I also want to say how incredibly awesome my school's drama department did tonight.  Today was their second preformance of Phantom of the Opera.  (My sister was in the chorus.)  We're the third school to perform Phantom which is really cool to me since I love Phantom so much.  They did an amazing job!  I'll admit I didn't have that high of expectations, but they were fantastic.  I was very impressed.  Although I probably would have enjoyed it more if: 1. I hadn't been sitting right behind a little girl who was constantly moving around, blocking my view, and whispering to her mom and 2. We hadn't been sitting right under the air conditioning vent.  I was shaking the whole time.  That being said, the actual play was actually wonderful.  If any of you lived around here, I'd probably make you go see it.

Days Until:
Deathly Hallows Part 1 DVD: 23
The Twilight Saga: The Complete Illustrated Guide released: 24
LeakyCon 2011: 116
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie: 118
My 18th Birthday: 138
Breaking Dawn Part 1 Movie: 244
Breaking Dawn Part 2 Movie: 608

Books Read in 2011: 7
Harry Potter Reread: GoF 29

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment