Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quelf: The Most Amazing Board Game Ever Invented

Today's challenge is:  a problem you have had.  I've had a lot of problems.  (Who hasn't?)  One I currently have is finding time to write.  With school, work, homework, and everything else, it's really hard to have time to write.  (The same thing goes for reading.)  I wanted to have A:TNG written by 2011, but it's March, and it's still not done.  That's what I plan to work on over spring break.  We're driving down to Georgia, and most of my time in the car will be spend writing (and reading).

Imagination Quelf Board GameI wanted to mention how incredibly awesome the board game Quelf is.  I first heard about it in this video.  It looked like the funnest board game ever, so I put it on my "want list."  A few weeks ago, I was at Target with my mom and brother and happened to find the game.  I wasn't really even searching for it (techincally).  My mom asked me to watch my brother while he was looking at toys, so I wandered over to the board games to see if it was there.  My mom agreed to buy it, but I didn't really have anyone to play it with.  Then, my grandma announced that she wanted to have a family game night.  I knew immediately that I was bringing Quelf.

A bunch of my family was over at my grandma's tonight, and we had fun playing Quelf for what was probably hours.  We played other games too (like Harry Potter Clue, the original Clue, and some game that was really fun but have never heard before and I can't remember the name), but Quelf was definitely the hilight of the night.  I think it's everyone's favorite board game now.  If you like randomness and doing stupid things, than you'll love Quelf.  If you don't, than you'll probably hate it.  You definitely can't be afraid of looking like an idiot.  During one of the games, I had to wear a piece of paper stuck to my forehead the whole game and have one of my socks inside out.  It's the most hilarious game ever.

Days Until:
Deathly Hallows Part 1 DVD: 30
The Twilight Saga: The Complete Illustrated Guide released: 31
LeakyCon 2011: 123
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie: 125
My 18th Birthday: 145
Breaking Dawn Part 1 Movie: 251
Breaking Dawn Part 2 Movie: 615

Books Read in 2011: 7
Harry Potter Reread: GoF 22

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment