Monday, August 27, 2012

Rainy Day on Campus

Today I had the pleasure of waking up to a rainstorm.  I wasn't looking forward to walking to class in the rain, but once I was walking across campus I realized it was even worse than I thought it was going to be.  I have to go uphill to get to my classes from my dorm, which means that all the water had rushed down to form huge puddles over the sidewalk in several places.  One puddle was so big it was basically a pond.  By the time I got to class my shoes and socks were soaked along with most of the rest of me.

I was lucky enough that the rain had stopped by the time my second class was finished.  It's still not raining at the moment, but it's supposed to start again later and I have another class plus meal times (the dining hall is on the same side of campus as my classes).  I'm definitely not looking forward to any rainy days in the future while I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment