Saturday, August 25, 2012

Thoughts on College So Far

I've been meaning to write a blog post for the past several days, but I kept putting it off.  I kind of feel like I'm in a rut, which is incredibly weird when I've only been a college student for a week.  I'm still kind of homesick, but the strong sense of sadness has pretty much gone away and in its place is just a general feeling of not wanting to be here.  I'm trying not to be negative, but it's a little tough sometimes.

It's not that things are going badly.  I still haven't really made any friends, but that's to be expected since it takes me a while to get comfortable around people.  Learning how to deal with my roommate has been a challenge since we're basically complete opposites in every way possible, but she's a nice person and it hasn't been too bad.  Classes have been good for the most part.  I'm really excited about all of them but precalculus, which just scares me really.  I'm a little scared about the others as well, since I'm still not entirely sure what to expect, but I'm interested in learning more about those subjects, which makes it easier.  (Actually, I'm a bit scared about public speaking as well, but not really in the same way I am about precalculus.)

We'll see how things go during the second week and on.  I'm not expecting things to get worse or anything, but I do hope I feel better about being here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment