Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Recovering From Florida and Reminiscing About the Avatar Series Finale

Today has basically felt like the first day back from Florida even though it's technically the second.  Yesterday I ended up hanging out with Haley, Autumn, and Blake for a while in the evening/night.  (Which, if you follow me on Twitter, you undoubtedly know considering we tweeted about it quite a bit.)  Since I got home late last night and then proceeded to stay up even later reading fanfiction, I've been extremely tired today.  I filmed a video earlier that basically sucked because I was unable to form complete thoughts.  I didn't even realize how tired I was until I turned on the camera and tried talking somewhat intelligently.

I've spent a lot of my day on Tumblr, since I've felt really disconnected from it the past week or so while in Florida.  I also watched Little House on the Prairie for a while, and I edited the story I'm working on for the first time since we left for Florida.  The past hour or so I've been reading stuff on an Avatar forum that were written right before and after the series finale aired four year ago.  I'll be honest:  it made me a bit emotional.  I can't believe we discovered how the series ended four years ago.  I was getting ready to start high school, and now I'm remembering all of this as I'm getting ready for college.  Plus, we've gotten the first season of Korra since then.  Back then, we didn't even know there was going to be a new series.  In fact, we had a long, long time before we learned about Korra.

I did not mean for that to turn into a sentimental rant about Avatar.  Whoops.  Anyway, I'm off to read more of that and get even more sentimental and emotional.  (Just thinking about my reaction to the final scene and the kiss makes me want to cry tears of happiness.)

No comments:

Post a Comment