Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Second Day of College Classes

Today was our second day of classes, and it went really well.  The only problem is that some of my textbooks still haven't come in yet, and they're for classes tomorrow.  I'm hoping it won't be too much of a problem that I don't have them yet.  I ordered them before classes even started.

I'm a bit nervous about my public speaking class, which is to be expected considering I hate public speaking.  The instructor seems like he'll be entertaining though.  I just don't want to give the five speeches we'll have.  Next class we have to get a partner and interview them. Then, at the class after that, we'll get up and introduce them.  I'm pretty worried about it.

My Introduction to Theology class seems like it will be really interesting.  One requirement is attending a church service of a Christian religion other than your own and then write a paper on it.  It's not due until the end of October, so I'm going to see if I can go home during our October break and do it while home.  We also have to interview the pastor or someone there, and I feel weird doing it here in Indianapolis.  Plus, I don't have transportation here, and I don't know how to get around the city.  Indy isn't a city I want to walk around by myself, at least not the part where my school is.  (The campus itself is safe, but it's situated in one of Indy's worst neighborhoods.)  Anyway, the class seems like it'll be really interesting, and I'm looking forward to it.

My only other class today was First Year Experience, which is a required class that is supposed to help you get used to campus life.  A bunch of us sat around waiting forever before discovering the classroom had been moved, so we walked over to the other classroom as a group.  That class seems like it'll be interesting. It's not meant to be difficult or anything.  You're just graded on participation and going to campus events that they ask you to.  It's also only for half of the semester, which makes me happy because with the way things are now I don't have time to eat lunch.

It's nice not having anymore new classes to attend, but not I have to get used to the monotony of classes and homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment