Friday, August 31, 2012

Labor Day Weekend

Campus has gotten pretty quiet over the past few hours.  I think a lot of people have begun heading home for Labor Day weekend.  It'll be interesting seeing how quiet campus is when a lot of people are gone.

On Fridays I only have two classes, and they're both early in the morning, but today my second class was cancelled because the teacher had a migraine.  That means I was finished with classes at nine in the morning today.  Since I had a ton of time and I have three whole to get homework done, I decided today would be a good time to go back to the bookstore and get the whole textbook thing sorted out finally.  (I ordered a textbook two weeks ago, and it took forever to come.  I had to buy it from the bookstore and then return the copy I ordered today.  Anyway...)  Luckily I got that taken care of pretty quickly, and I also picked up another book I'm going to need for my history class while I was in there.  I hadn't gotten it yet because we aren't going to need it until the end of the semester, but I thought I might as well pick it up now since I was there and it's only about twenty dollars.

Other than getting some homework done that's just about the only thing I've done today.  Most of the people I've met here are going home, so I'm not sure how many people will still be here.  My roommate thinks she's going home for part of the weekend but not all of it.  (She lives pretty close to campus.)  I'm in my dorm now though, and it's extremely quiet up here.  I can only assume it's because quite a few people have left already. I don't even see anyone walking around campus from out my window, which is rare.  I'm interested to see what campus is like this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment