Sunday, August 26, 2012

A False Fire Alarm and Other Things About College

Today started off perfectly fine but now I'm in a horrible mood.  Why?  I'm currently in the middle of reading an incredibly depressing fanfiction.  I'm kind of writing this right now just because I didn't think I could keep reading it at the moment.  I don't want to have to explain to my roommate why I'm bawling my eyes out.

Not much happened today.  I'm really hoping that after we have the activities fair and I join a couple of clubs I'll feel more involved here.  Right now I only have a couple of people I could consider friends, and I don't really do anything because I don't like talking to strangers.  I didn't even have that big of a group of friends in high school, but I felt comfortable there at least.  I knew almost everyone, so even if I didn't talk to them, I felt comfortable being around them.  This campus is small enough that I might start to feel like that here too.  Who knows.  As for right now though, I still feel kind of out of place and unsure of myself.

Someone accidentally set off the fire alarm earlier, so we all had to go stand outside for a while.  At least we know what to do now in case there's a real one in the future.  It was actually kind of funny because a ton of the guys took their laptops with them and sat outside with them.  On the other hand, I forgot to bring even my phone (probably the only person who didn't have it) because I'd put shoes on, grabbed my key, and left to go find out where to go.  If there's a next time, I'm definitely remembering to grab my phone.

Tomorrow is the first day of the second week of classes.  Hopefully everything goes well.  I think I'm already starting to feel like I'm in a rut, like when I was just tired of getting up every day to go to classes in high school.  It's probably not the best feeling to have considering it's only the second week and I'm not even used to being here yet.

I feel as if this post is incredibly depressing.  Like I said, I was just reading a really depressing fanfiction, so I'm having trouble acting up-beat.  Speaking of that fanfiction, I'm going to go suffer through it so I can focus on happier things.

No comments:

Post a Comment