Thursday, October 18, 2012

Ecolab Hike and Other Things

Why is it that my allergies have consistently gotten worse the past few days, and not even taking allergy medicine is helping?  I have a horrible headache yet again today because of all the congestion even though I took medicine earlier.  I'm trying to ignore it though, and luckily the rest of my day has been good.

In my public speaking class earlier today we had individual meetings with the teacher.  During mine he said that he was really impressed with my last speech (which surprises me), and I found out that my mid-term grade is an A-.  I'm kind of shocked that I'm doing that well in public speaking of all things.  He did say that my only problem was my voice level, but he said he knew I was soft-spoken, so he wasn't holding that against me when he graded me.  I'm thankful for that because I think most people probably would have.

Theology was the same as always.  It was just a long lecture that I had to struggle not to fall asleep during.  I can't even think about what he was talking about.  He goes over several different things each class, and they're all hard to explain.

My first year experience class was fun.  We went and explored the Ecolab.  I'd been in there before but only a small part of it.  It's much bigger than I thought it was before.  It's a really cool place to hike and stuff.  We explored these old building that used to be bath houses.  (There's a mansion near the Ecolab that the family who owned the land and had the bath houses used to live in.)  It's a really nice place, and it was really pretty since it's fall.  I almost tripped over branches more times than I'm willing to admit, but I had a fun time.  It's really cool that we have something like that on campus.

I've done nothing but read a play since the Ecolab hike.  I have homework but not too much of it, so I'm not too worried about waiting so long to do it.  In fact, I'm going to go put it off even longer and go work on one of the fanfictions I'm writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment