Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Advisors and Schedules

The first day of classes after fall break is going well so far, although it's only about half over at the moment.  My precalculus professor is away at a conference, so there's a junior mathematics major (and secondary education minor) teaching us.  You'd think that would make things more difficult, but she's actually really good at teaching.  In fact, I'm willing to say she's better than our actual professor.  We've only had her one day though, so who knows if she would be all the time.  She's teaching us again on Friday though.

We went over questions about the fiction mini-portfolio we have to write in English, so it wasn't a very eventful class.  We discussed some things about a few of the stories we've read, and that was basically it.

I spent about an hour today going over my major and minors' requirements and the class schedule for next semester to try and decide what classes I want to take in the spring.  I think I have a pretty good idea, and I even wrote down a possible schedule (if it works out) that I can take when I meet with my advisors.  I already have a meeting set up with my secondary education advisor, but I need to make one with my English (I guess she's technically my main one since the other advisor is for all secondary ed minors and this advisor was the one I was assigned by the school) advisor.  I'm not sure how my other advisor wants us to set up meetings about schedules.  I don't know if we're supposed to just contact her or what.  The other advisor told us how to schedule appointments.  I need to get that figured out.

I still have one more class today, and there's an International Club meeting later today.  Speaking of clubs, I haven't heard anything about History Club in a while.  I don't know if they haven't been having meetings, or if they have and I've just been missing them or what.  I talked to Claire about it a while back, and she said she hadn't heard anything either.  I think I'm going to try again because it's kind of weird that I haven't heard anything.  It's been quite a while....

I'm off to watch some Youtube videos before finishing up my precalculus homework.  I'll probably see Claire at International Club tonight, but if I don't, then I'll probably send her a text about History Club to see if she knows what's going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment