Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Movie Review: Hotel Transylvania

Sony Pictures
Released in theaters: September 28th, 2012
Rated PG
Directed by Genndy Tartakovsky
Synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:
Welcome to the Hotel Transylvania, Dracula's (Adam Sandler) lavish five-stake resort, where monsters and their families can live it up, free to be the monsters they are without humans to bother them. On one special weekend, Dracula has invited some of the world's most famous monsters--Frankenstein and his bride, the Mummy, the Invisible Man, a family of werewolves, and more--to celebrate his daughter Mavis's 118th birthday. For Drac, catering to all of these legendary monsters is no problem--but his world could come crashing down when one ordinary guy stumbles on the hotel and takes a shine to Mavis. -- (C) Sony
Review:

I went to see Hotel Transylvania with my friend Haley and her mom when I was home for fall break, and I loved the movie.  It doesn't seem to be getting that good of reviews, and I don't really understand why.  I thought it was a really cute and enjoyable movie.  It's definitely not an incredibly deep, moving movie or anything, but it's definitely fun and entertaining.

It may be a bit on the childish side at times, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.  I recommend seeing it if you're okay with that sort of thing.  I enjoyed it enough that I'll probably buy it on DVD at some point but not enough that I'll want to get it immediately or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment