Friday, January 3, 2014

Life Post: I'm Finally Sick This Season

Today has not been the best of days. Yesterday my sister stayed home from school because she was sick. Today my sister is home again, and my dad is home from work and sick. I realized last night that my throat was starting to bother me. It's only gotten worse. I couldn't sleep throughout the night because it was hard to breathe when I was laying down and I was constantly coughing. I feel horrible, even though it's entirely my head right now, and with my sister the biggest problem was her stomach.

I have no idea if we have the same thing. It doesn't seem like it. She seems to have a stomach virus or something, while mine seems to be a cold and nothing more at the moment. My brother has also had a bit of a cold, so I could have caught it from him. Either way, there are a bunch of us sick here now, and I'm a bit on the miserable side.

I'm just happy that I'm still able to function. I don't feel so sick that it's that difficult for me to do things, although I did feel a bit winded going up the stairs earlier. For the most part I'm fine other than coughing and such. I hope it stays that way. I'd really rather not spend the end of my break sick. I'm hoping this is over with soon. When I get colds though, they tend to worsen over a really long period of time and then get better over a really long time. They are never short. Still, I can dream and hope that it will be different this time.

To be honest, I'm not that surprised. I typically get at least one cold every winter, but I usually end up with two: one at the beginning of winter and one at the end. I haven't gotten one yet this year, so this is actually pretty late coming. I was really hoping I'd be able to say that this was the first winter in memory that I didn't get one though. After all, my allergies have been particularly horrible this year. You'd think that would be punishment enough.

However, my sister's laying on the couch in the room with me, and if that's not a constant reminder that I could be worse off, then I don't know what is. I'm just going to stay thankful that it's looking like it's just a cold and not whatever she has. As long as I don't get nauseous or run a fever, I'll consider myself lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment