Friday, January 17, 2014

Life Post: Week One of the Semester is Finished

Today marked the end of the first week of classes. I'm feeling good about this semester. I went into a little shock the first couple of days and had to get back into the swing of things, and I'm also a bit stressed about some things going on, but overall, I think this will be a great semester.

In one of my previous posts, I said that my humanities class had three professors, and two of them were the same as last semester while one was new to me. The new to me one gave her first lecture today, and I think I'm going to enjoy her lectures. She was interesting to listen to, and she was one of those professors where you can really tell that she's passionate about what she's talking about. Plus, she's giving us study guides for each lecture, which isn't a bad thing.

My literary criticism class is also still interesting for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that some of the literary criticism we read is over literary works that I haven't even read, yet I still find it so interesting and feel like I learn so much from it. It makes me want to read what the criticism is on of course, but I just really find it interesting how much I can learn from a piece of criticism even when I'm really not familiar with what they're writing about. I have a feeling I'm going to get a lot out of that class.

Now we have a three day weekend. I'm sure it'll throw my days off when I'm still kind of adjusting to the new semester, but I'm still not going to complain about an extra day off. I plan on writing a ton this weekend. I did so much over break, and it's been strange not writing much at all this past week. That's definitely my biggest priority for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment